Meal log for Thursday July 8, 2021:
- Overnight oats with raisins and figs, mixed with almond milk and a small amount of maple syrup, topped with a small dollop of apricot jam.
- 750ml water.
- Small salad of lettuce, broccoli, shredded carrots, okra, mini tomatoes, and avocado, topped with a homemade oil and vinegar dressing.
- Bowl of kiwi mixed with soy yogurt and granola, topped with honey.
- Cappuccino made with soy milk.
- Leftover hamburg with BBQ sauce, sitting atop white rice.
- Mixed vegetables with cumin and turmeric.
- One small piece of homemade, unsweetened oatmeal pineapple bread.
- Iced macchiato made with soy milk.
- Vegetable stir-fry with onions, zucchini, mushroom, and herb sausage.
- Fresh tomato with salt & pepper.
Once again, today I was extremely cognizant about my food consumption. The goal was not only to eat healthy, but to also ensure there was a calorie deficit for the day. I am fairly confident this worked in my favor, but at worst it was a calorie neutral day. Tomorrow being Friday means a bit less strict diet since it is the final day of the work week.