Meal log for Saturday July 3, 2021:
- Small salad of arugula and mini tomatoes, topped with homemade onion, carrot, and olive oil dressing.
- Four small home made pancakes, made with oatmeal, tofu, and soy milk.
- Cappuccino made with soy milk.
- Opted for intermittent fasting, primarily because I am combining lunch and dinner into a single celebratory meal.
- Hot dog with mustard, ketchup, and pineapple relish.
- Beef brisket drenched in barbeque sauce.
- Beef ribs drenched in barbeque sauce.
- Sides of apple coleslaw, corn, potato salad, macaroni salad, and tomato salad.
- Slice of cherry pie.
- Two cans of beer.
The main meal of the day absolutely was definitely not the most nutritous pairing on the planet, but it was all in celebration of July Fourth. This is a decidedly non-standard meal, the exception not the rule. Sometimes you have to allow your inner 'murica to come out and enjoy some good old fattening foods. That is, as long as it is followed the next day with some healthy eating.